Are you looking for an antivirus solution that doesn't make your PC come to a grinding halt? I know I have for a long time now, and yesterday I think I've come across a new antivirus solution that does exactly what is says it will do ... protect your system without hogging system resources!
- First off, the performance claims do seem to be real. today I've uninstalled a number of different antivirus packages from a selection of systems and replaced them with VIPRE and on every system I'm seeing and feeling a performance boost. Not only is the real time monitoring far lighter and and less of a resource hog than any other antivirus package I've come across, the system scanner is also fast and light-weight (I've been typing this, taking screenshots and running a couple of virtual machines while VIPRE has been scanning my system). My testing backs up the claims made by Sunbelt Software and goes to prove the benefits of adopting a clean slate, building a product from the ground up approach.
- VIPRE offers all-round protection - antivirus, antispyware, protection from email-borne threats, rootkit detections and other goodies such as a secure file eraser and history cleaner.
- VIPRE is easy to use. In fact, the interface is a pleasure to use.
- The product is honest and gives you clear feedback relating to what it finds on your system - no scan and scare tactics here.
- Then there's the aspect of fair pricing. A single license for VIPRE costs $29.95 and gives you a year's worth of updates, while a 3-user annual subscription is $39.95, while for $49.95 you can protect all PCs in a single household with a single site license. That's the fairest deal I've come across.
"Typical 'household' licenses offered for security software products limit the number of PCs protected to anywhere from three to five per household," said Alex Eckelberry, president of Sunbelt Software. "With our unlimited home site license, customers pay one low annual subscription price for the product of their
choice for all the PCs in their home. We don't care if it's five, ten, or 200 computers. One price covers all the computers located in that residence."
If you've got a number of home PCs to protect then this is a good deal ... you get an amazing antivirus program at a rock bottom price!
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher
- At least an IBM Compatible 400MHZ computer with minimum 256MB RAM
- At least 150MB of available free space on your hard drive
- 2x CDROM
- Internet access with at least 56Kbps connection
- Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 2000 SP4 RollUp 1
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows XP SP1, SP2, SP3 (Home, Pro, Media Center, Tablet) 32 and 64-bit
- Windows Vista+ (All flavors) 32 and 64-bit
- Supported Email Applications: Outlook 2000+, Outlook Express 5.0+, Windows Mail on Vista, and SMTP and
- POP3 (Thunderbird, IncrediMail, Eudora, etc.)
- Installation of VIPRE is not supported on Windows 95, 98, or ME, Macintosh or Linux
A 15-day fully functioning trial version of VIPRE Antivirus + Antispyware is available.