Today Mozilla will start pushing Firefox 7.0.1 onto people who are still using Firefox 3.6.
It's all part of the plan:
* We will be offering an advertised update (also sometimes called a “major update”) for Firefox 3.6.x -> Firefox 7.0 on 2011-10-06 (1 week and 2 days after Firefox 7’s release)
* The advertised update has no bearing on support levels. It does not mean Firefox 3.6 is end-of-life
* The advertised update has no bearing on the Firefox ESR proposal
* This is part of the old release process and is unchanged from what we have been doing for the past 3+ years
* The prompt is opt-in…if users decline, they stay on 3.6.x and get security updates until the next time we decide to prompt
So don't freak out if you see it!