Got a jailbroken iPhone? Then you need to read this:
The first worm targeting Apple’s iPhone is alive and spreading in the wild. But most iPhone owners need not worry about it.
The worm, known as Ikee, is, as worms go pretty harmless in that all it does is change the lock screen wallpaper to a picture of 80’s signer Rick Astley before looking for other devices to infect.
If you're running a jailbroken iPhone and you didn't change the root password fro the default "alpine" (yes, the whole hacking world knows that it is) then you should change it now!
Here are instructions on how to remove Ikee variants
Variants A, B and C
- Remove: /bin/poc-bbot
- Remove: /bin/sshpass
- Remove: /var/log/youcanbeclosertogod.jpg
- Remove: /var/mobile/LockBackground.jpg
- Remove: /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ikey.bbot.plist
- Remove: /var/lock/bbot.lock
- Reboot the iPhone, reinstall SSH and change the default root password
- Remove: /usr/libexec/cydia/startup
- Remove: /usr/libexec/cydia/startup.so
- Remove: /usr/libexec/cydia/startup-helper
- Remove: /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.saurik.Cydia.Startup.plist
- Reinstall Cydia from the terminal as follows:
get-app remove cydia
get-app install cydia
- Reboot the iPhone and change the default root password